Following the approval that flight operations recommence gradually at the nation’s airports effective July 8, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has released new procedural guidelines for air travellers and other airport users. The new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is aimed at protecting all stakeholders and preventing further spread of theCovid-19 virus.
• All passengers must arrive at the airport properly kitted with their face mask on.
• All passengers must ensure a minimum of one and a half (1.5m) physical distancing.
• Aviation medical/port health personnel will screen each passenger.
• Passengers traveling with pets must get necessary clearance from Nigerian Agricultural Quarantine Services (NAQS).
• All passenger luggage will be disinfected before entering the departure halls.
• Passengers are required to wash their hands as often as possible.
• Hand sanitisers will be provided to passengers before the entrance.
• At the waiting halls/lounges and pre-boarding gates, all foot-wears will be disinfected and sanitised by a foot mat placed at all entrances to the terminal building.
On disembarking from the aircraft, passengers must observe physical distancing as they board the airport shuttle.
• Hand sanitisers will be provided on the buses.
• Physical distancing protocol must be observed at the baggage claim area, where hand sanitisers will also be provided.
• A disinfected trolley will be made available to passengers.
• All COVID 19 protocols must be observed while going through customs check.
• Passengers would exit the halls and head straight to the car park for pick-ups.